Packed Lunch Policy
The school’s packed lunch policy is developed using guidance from the Children’s Food Trust. The guidance aims to support pupils to have a balanced lunch and best prepare them for learning in the afternoon.
Packed lunches should aim to include:
- Some starchy foods such as bread (sliced bread, pitta bread, wraps, bagels), pasta, potatoes, couscous; choose wholegrain where possible;
- 1 portion of fruit and 1 portion of vegetables or salad;
- Dairy food such as cheese or yoghurt;
- Meat, fish, or another source of protein such as eggs, beans and pulses, hummus, falafel;
- Oily fish once every 3 weeks e.g. sardines or salmon.
Packed lunches should not include:
- Crisps or crisp type snacks;
- Any items containing chocolate including bars, biscuits, cakes or yoghurts/desserts;
- Fizzy drinks.
The school provides water for all pupils at lunchtime; therefore there is no need for packed lunches to include a drink. For detailed guidance around our packed lunch policy, please see our parent/carer packed lunch guide.
To download our Whole School Food Policy, please click here.
A Healthier Packed Lunches leaflet is also available by clicking here.